How Does A Camera Work?
All of these pieces work together to get the final picture.
1. Light reflects off the object being photographed.
2. This light reflects off the object in all different directions and
hits the lens from different angles.
3. The lens focuses these rays of light to a point behind the focal
point forming a real image.
4. The film is placed at the point where the real image is projected to.
5. The shutter temporarily moves from in front of the film and allows
light to hit the film.
6. Light hits the film causing chemical reactions which "expose" the
7. The shutter then closes, and finally the film is advanced so an
unexposed piece of film is ready for the next picture.